Why should you ride?
- It is fun to ride with others and be part of a grassroots effort like this
- The post-ride lunch will be FANTASTIC - African food from The Medina Restaurant
- We will have rest stops along the route and SAG support in case you have any problems
- The routes are on a combination of bike path and scenic, low-traffic roads
- You will get a free t-shirt (guaranteed if you register by May 15)
- Raise at least $250 and earn a nice, insulated, BPA-free water bottle from Polar Bottle (while they last)
- You can purchase a cool event jersey, or raise $500 and get one free
- YOU WILL BE RAISING MONEY FOR A GREAT CAUSE! (and all donations are tax-deductible)
Ride headquarters will be at Battelle Darby Creek Metro Park on the southwest side of Columbus (and convenient to Cincinnati and Dayton). This year we are offering 5 bicycling distances, ranging from 10 to 62 miles. Or if you prefer to walk or run, you can enjoy 5 or 10 mile paths (or actually anywhere in between) within the park. All bicycle routes will be on a combination of bike path and low-traffic country roads and will be supported by drink stops and a SAG vehicle. The 10 mile route is on a compact dirt path within the park and can be safely completed by children. Since there are inherent dangers to riding bicycles on open roads, we are requiring riders of the longer routes to be 18 years or older, unless discussed with event organizers.
Our tentative routes can be found here
You will want to enter the park at the Cedar Ridge Entrance (overview map
) and park in the lot on your right, soon after you enter.
Registration will be as follows:
50 and 62 mile riders: 7:30 am, with a group start at 8:00 am.
26 and 32 mile riders: 8:30 am, with a group start at 9:00 am.
10 mile riders and walkers/runners: 9:30 am, with a group start at 10:00 am.
Note these are suggested start times. You can leave on any route any time you would like. These are just the times that we will have group starts, with the aim of everyone getting back to the park about the same time to enjoy lunch.
A fantastic and authentic African lunch will be served at the shelter after you complete your ride/walk/run.
There is no registration fee for the Tour de H2O. However, each rider has a minimum fundraising goal of $100.
See some fundraising ideas and tips here