Why should you ride?
- It is fun to ride with others and be part of a grassroots effort like this
- The post-ride lunch will be FANTASTIC - African food from The Medina Restaurant
- We will have rest stops along the route and SAG support in case you have any problems
- The routes are on scenic, low-traffic roads
- You will get a free t-shirt (while they last)
- Raise at least $200 and earn a nice, insulated, BPA-free water bottle from Polar Bottle
- You can purchase a cool event jersey, or raise $500 and get one free
- YOU WILL BE RAISING MONEY FOR A GREAT CAUSE! (and all donations are tax-deductible)
Ride headquarters will be at Battelle Darby Creek Metro Park on the southwest side of Columbus (and convenient to Cincinnati and Dayton).
We will offer three bicycling distances, a 10 mile ride, a 25 mile
ride and a 50 mile
ride (click on each distance to see the routes and note that the 50 mile route starts with the 25 mile route), in addition to a 5 mile walk. The 25 and 50 mile routes are primarily on low-traffic country roads and will be supported by drink stops and a SAG vehicle. The 10 mile route is on a compact dirt path within the park. There are inherent dangers to riding bicycles on open roads, so we are requiring riders of the 25 and 50 mile routes to be 18 years or older.
You will want to enter the park at the Cedar Ridge Entrance (overview map
) and park in the lot on your right, soon after you enter.
Registration will be as follows:
25 and 50 mile riders: 7:30 am, with a group start at 8:30 am.
10 mile riders: 9:00 am, with a group start at 9:30 am.
A fantastic and authentic African lunch will be served at the shelter after you complete your ride/walk.
There is no registration fee for the Tour de H2O. However, each rider has a minimum fundraising goal of $100.
See some fundraising ideas and tips here